Friday 30 October 2015

Mac Cremesheen Dupe















Hello everybody!

If you live in the UK you probably visit George (Asda) quite regularly, a
nd you probably always walk past their makeup aisle. You're making a big mistake!

I've bought cosmetics from George before including an undereye concealer pen in the wrong shade, light pink eyeshadow and a bronzer duo, but I have used them up. (Well, apart from the eyeshadow which I dropped on the floor and it all crumbled to pieces!)

Yesterday I happened to wander into the makeup section and that's when I realised how cheap the products were. I decided to buy a few things including their Super Boost Foundation in No.1 Ivory Silk, their Glamour'eyes Precision Liquid Liner in 18 Sorcerer and their lipstick in 17 Small Talk. All this came to just under £15 I believe.
















I tried them all out and wasn't impressed by the foundation and liquid liner. The foundation was way too dark (even though I bought the lightest shade), it was also streaky and hard to blend. The liquid liner was hard to put on my lids due to the applicator and it was way too watery. It smudged like crazy and I got in such a mess!

However, when I tried out the lipstick I was astounded at how good it was. I began comparing it to Mac Cremesheens, high-end lipsticks that are around £15 or maybe a bit less if you're lucky (talk about expensive!) 




























It looks a lot darker here than on the lips!

The packaging is distinctly different, the Cremesheens being black with a curved lid whereas the dupe is purple and rectangular. However, like Cremesheens, the George lippie was so moisturising and thick which is really helpful for people like me with desert dry lips. They're both really pigmented so they tend to last a reasonable amount of time. I've done my research and found that the closest shade to Small Talk is Ravishing - they are both a similar orange-pink.

Overall, they're really similar and you can't tell the difference when they're on your lips.

Most importantly, the dupe is only a fraction of the price! So go on, next time you visit Asda pick up one of their lippies. You won't regret it!

If you have any questions or requests just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment