Thursday 5 November 2015

My Makeup Collection 2015

















Hello everybody!

Today I thought I'd share my makeup collection with you and hopefully I'll help you make a few purchases.

I'm going to try to make this post as short as possible as there is a lot to get through.

Skin makeup









  • George Super Boost Foundation in No1 Ivory Silk. I don't recommend this because it's way too streaky, hard to blend and dark for my skin tone even though this is the lightest shade.
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 02 Cool Medium. This is my Holy Grail concealer, highly recommend this!
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 010 Ivory. Another one of my faves!
  • Avon Concealer Stick. If your skin is amazing but you just need a slight touch up this is perfect for you. But if you have dark circles or blemishes you might want to look for more coverage.
  • No7 Creme Touch Face Powder in 12 Honey Milk. It's a little too cakey for me but if you like your makeup like that this is a really good powder.
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent. Love love love this, I'm sure you've heard amazing things about it but let me tell you again, this is one of the best powders out there.
  • Technic Bronzer Duo Set 1. This comes with two colours, a light and a dark brown. Cute packaging but I find it's really hard to apply as the compounds are way too small.
  • Technic High Lights Liquid Highlighter. Great dupe for High Beam by Benefit, in fact the packaging is identical, but this looks a bit too unnatural for me as it's really glittery and this shows up on your face.
  • Collection Gorgeous Glow Blush Block. Again, too unnatural for me, but it's really pigmented. It acts as a blusher, bronzer and highlighter with gold and pink shades.

Eye makeup













  • Flutter Eye Shadow Palette. I bought this for a friend but somehow I ended up getting it back! There is a light pink, a sparkly silver, a mauve, a taupe and a dark sparkly pink. Again, really cute packaging but the content disappointed me. The shadows aren't pigmented at all, are hard to blend and just aren't the colours I would wear.
  • Active Cosmetics Eye Shadow. This palette contains four colours including a light pink, a lilac, a mauve and a dark purple. These are a lot more pigmented than the Flutter palette and are way easier to blend.
  • No7 Stay Perfect Eye Shadow. This is something my nan gave me. I really like it, it's a dark purple infused with glitter. The only time I wear this would be for a party or night out because it's definitely not something I would wear everyday (I stick to subtle smokey eyes) but the shadow is amazing. So pigmented and lasts ages.
  • George Glamour'eyes Precision Liquid Liner in 18 Sorcerer. Like I said in my Mac Cremesheen Dupe post, I hate this and don't recommend it. Way too watery, smudges really easily and is just hard to apply.
  • Avon Super Extend Extreme Mascara. Again something my nan gave me but I really don't like it. It doesn't make your lashes look long or full at all ... and it's blue mascara. Not what I would wear but if you like the sound of it go for it.
  • Avon Super Shock Max Mascara. This mascara is way different, first of all it's black and actually does what it advertises. Really recommend this as it makes your lashes look long and black and doesn't create clumps.
  • Barry M Lash Vegas Mascara. This mascara is okay, I prefer Avon Super Shock Max but I definitely recommend this to people who have more money to spend.

Lip makeup









  • Kate Moss Lipstick in 40. What can I say? It's a nude with orange undertones ... super moisturising and pigmented ... love love love! If you're obsessed with nude lipsticks, I really recommend this!
  • Avon Lipstick ?  Don't know the shade but it is like a raisin colour. It's not my colour, but if you like dark colours like this I really advise you get it.
  • George Lipstick in 17 Small Talk. This lipstick is amazing! I raved about it in my Mac Cremesheen Dupe post, so if you are interested you can read it and see what you think.
  • Technic in 20605 Sassy. This is a bright pink, but I find it very wearable is it is similar to Frost finishes by Mac. It just leaves a sheer wash of colour on the lips. As for pigmentation, not too great but then again it is a sheer lippie.
  • Avon Perfect Wear Plump and Stay lipstick/lipgloss. I'm confused about this one as it applies like a lipgloss but looks and feels like a lipstick. Anyway, this is double sided and comes with the coloured lippie itself and then a primer that keeps it on for longer. The colour is a dark purple mauve so I prefer wearing this in the winter really.
  • Avon Extra Lasting Plump and Stay. Pretty much the same as Perfect Wear but I think it's a newer version. The colour is exact too.
  • Makeup Gallery Shine On Lipgloss. I love this colour, it's like a pink-nude, which I'm obsessed with as you know, but everything else about it is really bad. It's too gloopy, doesn't last long at all and is really drying for your lips.
  • 2 Active Cosmetics Lip Gloss palettes. I really don't like these for the same reasons as above, but the colours are beautiful. There is a bright pink, dark mauve, orangey-nude and dark orange.

And that's all, if you have any questions or requests let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment